A Note From Our Principal
We hope that you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving with loved ones. A huge thank you to our students and families who donated to our November food drive. Together we donated almost 200 pounds of food to the Idaho Rescue Mission. In addition, our Kindergarten community sent thank you notes and new face shields to our neighbors at St. Luke’s Emergency Care. The doctors and nurses even took the time to send the kids back a photo of them wearing some of the kids hand made masks and new face shields.
This month we would like to continue our community projects with our annual Giving Tree. As the winter holidays approach, we have many special activities planned for our students and look forward to spending the season with them. Please read through it carefully and reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Happy holidays!
Sincerely, Lila Afoa
- Winter Clothing Needed: If you’ve not already done so, please ensure your child has an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed warmly enough to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
- Inclement Weather: We do not always follow the closure schedule of the local public schools because we don’t have to contend with the same transportation issues as public schools. Our goal is to be open as many days as possible to support our working parents. If we must close or delay opening you will receive a notification via Links 2 Home as soon as the closure is announced. In addition, we will also post notifications on our website, Facebook page and the local news.
- Hats, gloves, snow pants & boots: Please label your children’s winter items and be sure to message your teacher if you are missing any items. The students will store their winter gear at school with the exception of Friday when it goes home for laundering. Should you need your child’s items sent home at any other time, please message your teacher.
Holiday Closure & Winter Break Camp
Our school will be CLOSED for winter break on December 22-January 5 for winter break.
School will offer a Winter Break Camp for our enrolled school-age students only from December 28-31 & January 4-5. Students will participate in community service activities, STEAM learning opportunities, holiday themed projects and virtual activities. Students may attend all or part of Winter Break Camp, please let us know by December 11th if your child will be attending.
Please click here to request the link to sign up for Winter Camp 2020. Camp days are December 28- 31st & January 4th– 5th. Camp hours are 8am-5pm and the cost is $47/day. Please note students will be in new cohorts for camp based on registration. This means they will be in a different class with a different group of peers and different teachers for the week. Please reach out to Miss Sarah with any questions.
Classroom Holiday Celebrations
Through the month of December, our classes will be learning about different winter holidays and customs. Our students will showcase their learning and the holiday décor they’ve created with a classroom celebration. Your child’s teacher has planned a special celebration this year where students will be celebrating in unique ways. Be sure to read your classroom newsletter for more details. We will miss having parents attend this year’s holiday celebrations and know that you all will enjoy the holiday crafts that your student brings home!
Holiday Giving Project
During December our Giving Tree collections will sponsor the children residing at the Idaho Ronald McDonald House. This year’s giving theme is “PJ’s & Bedtime Stories”. We will have giving tags available for pick up in the front vestibule. Grab a tag with a list of items to shop for. Only new items are being collected this year. Bring these items (unwrapped) in a gift bag to place under the Giving Tree. All collected items will deliver to the Idaho Ronald McDonald House after December 18th and dispersed to children and families throughout the year. All gift tags need to be brought to school by December 18th.
With the holiday season and school closure dates we wanted to provide some options to make it a little easier for you to meet the January 1st tuition payment deadline. If making a check payment you can:
- Mail tuition checks to 649 E. Parkcenter BLVD Boise, ID 83706
- Drop off a postdated check payment to the school either before we close for winter break or during winter camp hours.
- Pay online through your parent ALMA account using credit card (2% merchant fees apply)
Year-end Tax Statements: 2020 Tuition Tax statements will be available after January 11th. Statements are available through the Alma parent portal or by request. To request a statement please email Sarah at Sarah.Frazee@montessoriacademyidaho.com
Winter Camp Billing: December winter camp billing will be reflected on January invoices. January winter camp dates will be reflected on February invoices.
December 11—Last day to drop/add registration for Winter Break Camp
December 11 – Deadline for Scholastic Book Orders
December 18th—Last Day for Giving Tree donations
December 18th – Holiday Celebrations in room 4
December 18 – School Spirit Dress Up Day- Festive Holiday Sweater
December 22 – Holiday Classroom Celebrations in rooms 2, 3, 5 & 6
December 23-31—SCHOOL CLOSED
December 28-31—Winter Break Camp
January 4-5 – Winter Break Camp