Our mission at Montessori Academy Parkcenter in Boise is to follow the teaching philosophy of Maria Montessori through a well-prepared environment that meets the needs and challenges of all children. We strive for academic excellence through practical exercises in the areas of language, math, geography, science, sensorial and practical life. We commit to instilling in the child a natural and ongoing curiosity toward the world around him or her and create a true love of learning that will stay with the child throughout life. We strive to promote social graciousness and caring for each other and the environment.
To meet the needs of each child’s individual spirit, we allow him or her the freedom to explore, make mistakes, question and grow at a pace comfortable to the child. Our mission is to create an environment that allows a child to feel a sense of belonging, to feel safe and secure, and to develop and strengthen his or her self-esteem. We hold firm to the words of Maria Montessori herself, “The education of the very young child does not prepare him for school, but for life.”
Our AMS and NWAC-accredited preschool uses the Montessori method, which lays the foundation for academic success in elementary school. To learn more about Montessori from the parent perspective, view this video from the American Montessori Society.
Some outstanding aspects of our school include:
- Convenient hours of 7:00am to 6:00pm make it easy for you to pick up and drop off your child.
- We ask that parents take turns providing a morning snack for the entire class. We provide an afternoon snack.
- Lunch can be purchased through the school lunch program for an additional fee.
- Teachers and staff are always happy to discuss your goals, needs and concerns for your child.
- Links 2 Home program lets teachers send daily reports and photos, accessible through email and our mobile app.
- After school enrichment programs are available for an additional fee. Offerings include: Tumble Bus, soccer, science, chess, Spanish, yoga, dance, music and more.
We invite you to come visit us at our school (located off Parkcenter Blvd in Logger’s Creek Plaza, behind the St. Luke’s Urgent Care and Delta Dental) to discuss your child’s educational needs, and how our school can meet them.