Summer has arrived!
We are excited to welcome each of you to our Montessori Summer Program! If you have not had a chance to grab a summer calendar, contact the office! There are many fun events planned for the summer that we are excited to share with the kids. Coming up this first week:
|Monday; July 6||Tuesday, July 7||Wednesday, July 8||Thursday, July 9||Friday, July 10|
|Make a musical instrument day.||Music Together with Jen Meyers.
Children will explore movement and music with this program.
|Bubbles & Water Play Day!
Don’t forget your swim suit, towel, close toe water play shoes and sun hat.
|*Ballroom dance has been canceled.||All School Dance Party|
Our school will provide your students with an educational and fun Summer Camp experience. We will infuse our curriculum with in house fieldtrips, fun experiences, and a some good old fashioned summer fun! Here are some summer tips to ensure a successful summer!
- As your family begins your summer of fun, please be aware that although you may stay up a bit later, we will continue asking families to please be respectful of classroom time. Summer camp starts at 9 and for the full day ends at 3, the half day by 12:30. If you are planning a vacation, an absence and/or staying home from a scheduled day we ask that you please let the office know.
- We recognize that summer brings in different family and friends that may be picking up and dropping off your children. To better assist us in keeping our school safe, please keep us in the loop in regards to unfamiliar faces, and any persons taking home your child.
- Remember there will be no hot lunch option during the summer months.
- This year sunscreen application will be included with your monthly summer fee. However, you must sign a waiver with your child’s teacher allowing them to apply sunscreen to your child. The classrooms are not geared to handle multiple brands of sunscreen. We use Tropical Sands non allergenic sunscreen on all children. If you have any questions regarding the product, feel free to view their product list online and/or contact the school office.
- Going outdoors daily is an important part of our school day. However, our school follows the suggested outdoor guidelines of the Central District Health Department. In the event temperatures outside rise above 93 degrees, outdoor times will be limited. Likewise, in the event air quality in the Boise Valley goes to an orange or higher, recess time may also be limited.
- Keep a summer calendar handy! This will help you to be better prepared for the week.
- For Playground time, your children will need to have a pair of close toe shoes. They are welcome to wear those flip flops but will need close toe shoes for recess.
- For Water Play Days, please provide a labeled bag that contains, labeled towel, close toed water shoes, and extra set of clothing. The children should wear their bathing suit to school on water play days. Sun hats are optional but encouraged.
- Please take a minute to update your child’s extra clothing bag in their cubby to ensure clothes are proper for summer. Also, make sure your child’s name is on the tag of anything brought into school.
We will do our best to update you all on all the fun events happening! If you haven’t had a chance to visit our Facebook Page, search Boise Montessori. Pictures of our events will post weekly to the page, so be sure to keep updated! If you did NOT sign our permission to photograph waiver in your Admission Packet, or would like to change your agreement to photograph your child, please notify the front desk.
Everyone, have a fun and safe 4th of July!