For many of us, November symbolizes the month of thankfulness and gratitude. In the classrooms and at home some of our greatest work will be in modeling character traits for our youngest citizens. Those moments we take to teach empathy, kindness and sharing appreciations are investments that will last a lifetime. During this month many of the classrooms will be talking about these traits.
Sharing is Caring
- With your purchases during our Boise Montessori Parent/Teacher Organization Book Fair (along with the partnership of Re-Discovered Books) our Parkcenter Montessori Library was able to raise $453.31 towards new books in our library!
- At our Fall Social, the Kiss The Pig event was a huge success! 100% of the funds raised went back to the classroom. A list of new materials for your child’s class is posted on the classroom doors. In addition, this month the students will be talking about how to give back with the money raised. Each class will be voting to decide how they will give back with 10% of the money they raised. We are excited to hear what they decide!
- In October some of our children decorated rocks with paint and inspirational words. These rocks were hidden around Parkcenter and within our community. If you find one, please take it and pass it on!
This month we will be running a food drive to support Idaho Food Bank. Please bring in any non perishable items on or before November 20th. Our Kindergarten students will also be reaching out to our local community to model their “Kindness Project” in new ways!
We are looking for some volunteers for the following annual projects. If you are interested in any of these, please let the front office know.
- “Lending Library” Project: We are looking for some parents willing to help us complete the library construction that will become a permanent installation at our school.
- Art Helpers: This spring our classrooms will be doing a painting project for our Art Fair. We are looking for a classroom parent to help during the painting project. Dates still TBD.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: We are looking for some volunteers to help make our teacher appreciation week special.
- Garden Spring Cleaning: Once the snow melts off of Bogus, we will be looking to get our children back into the garden! Volunteers are always welcome to help us prep our garden space!
Dates to Remember
11/6/17: Dress Backwards Day
11/10/17: SCHOOL CLOSED in honor of Veteran’s Day.
11/20/17: Last day to drop/add elective classes and make schedule changes for December.
11/22-24/17: SCHOOL CLOSED for Thanksgiving break.
From the Education Team